Washable personalised “Cast”
It is necessary to limit the mobility of broken ligaments. The current plaster solutions cause itching, result in a breeding ground for unpleasant odors and are awkward to use because they should not get wet. If the plaster doesn’t fit properly it will have an adverse effect on the healing process. A well-fitting orthosis is therefore necessary for rapid healing.
Arms are difficult to 3D scan. This is because fingers get in each other’s way in different photos and it is difficult to keep them still. If photos from different sides can be taken at exactly the same time, this problem is solved.
- With 52 small cameras and microcontrollers, a photo can be taken.
- Using photogrammetry software, these photos can be converted into a digital hand
- Customised “cast” can be adjusted using a parametric model
- A modelling program is used to calculate the occurrence of gaps
- With a 3D printer, the cast can be printed in 1 or 2 days.